Our client, a globally recognized banking institution consistently ranked among the top 10 largest banks in the world, is seeking a highly skilled Senior Scala Developer to join our international product development team. The product is a global distributed financial data platform built on Scala, Akka, and Kafka to ensure high performance and low latency, averaging just 5ms per request.
Explore the future of FinTech! With superb engineering, we help the finance industry to change just in one click! Join the global Intellias team to develop top-of-the-line solutions for the world’s leading FinTech companies.
- Design and develop new microservices and integrations with other ones to create added value services of the Data platform.
- Improve existing services and optimize data flows, requests/services to provide results of calculations or data consolidation with low latency.
- Write high-quality, scalable, and maintainable code in Scala.
- Develop and maintain unit and integration tests.
- Conduct code reviews and provide feedback to ensure code quality and consistency.
- Contribute to the development of technical documentation.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams: BA, Architecture, DevOps, Development, QA, Infrastructure and Operation support to have transparent and productive cooperation for product development, troubleshooting, resolving product challenges.
As a Senior Scala Developer on our team, you will have the opportunity to work with cutting-edge technologies and gain invaluable experience in enterprise systems design and development, functional programming, and high-load data processing solutions. You will collaborate with a passionate team of experts to deliver best-in-class solutions to our clients and have unparalleled exposure to the workings of the financial services domain.
- 5+ years of experience in functional programming, with proficiency in Scala or Haskell.
- Strong understanding of fundamental functional programming principles.
- Mastery of algorithms and their applications.
- Familiarity with Akka (Akka HTTP, Akka Streams), MongoDB, Kafka, Docker, and OpenShift.
- Experience with CI/CD practices and knowledge of types of quality gates.
- Knowledge of different communication protocols (REST, messaging, event streaming).
- Experience in managing the development of enterprise systems.
- Strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Sound understanding of the financial services domain.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Experience with Scrum team management and software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Higher Education: Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or similar technical specialization.
The ideal candidate should have a strong background in Scala, functional programming and Akka (http, actors, stream etc.), experience working with microservices architecture, as well as exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team environment. If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity to further your career in the fintech industry, we encourage you to apply today.